Asking for forgiveness




Okāsa! Okāsa! Okāsa!

Oh Venerable Sir: May I pay obeisance to thee! So as to be free from all my offences, accumulated from evil deeds done physically, verbally and mentally, I pay homage to the Three Gems: The Buddha, the Dhamma and the Sangha, once, twice, thrice with my joined-palms on my forehead very respectfully and humbly.

Owing to my deeds of merit, may I always be free from the four Apāyas, the three kappas, the eight Aṭṭhakkhanas, the five Veras, the four Vipattis, the five Byasanas; and at the final existence may I attain Magga, Phala and Nibbāna!

Okāsaṅ karotha bhante!
Mayaṃ bhante amhehi katehi
sabbacayehi kāyika-vācasika-
mānasikehi mocanatthāya
Ratanattayaṅ abhivandāma.

Iminā puñña-kammena
catūhi apāyehi, tīhi kappehi,
aṭṭhakkhanehi, pañcahi verehi,
catūhi vipattihi, pañcahi
byasanehi ca sabbadā
vimuttā bhaveyyāma.

Pariyosāne ca magga-phala,
Nibbānaṅ pāpuṇeyyāma.

No comments: